Friday, April 11, 2008

Dessa Rose - Blocking Done!

Today we officially finished blocking the entire show. Now comes the fun part - working through the show, finding those fun little moments, continuing to develop characters. This is definitely my favorite part of the process - that time when you know where you're going on stage and you're getting the book out of your hands and discovering new things about the show and your character.

When we blocked the epilogue today, I think I suddenly just really got what this whole show is about. The end is just so simple and beautiful, and that realization really made me connect with that section today for whatever reason. My rehearsal day was pretty brief and it was a ridiculously beautiful day outside, so perhaps it was a combination of those factors that made me just all about that epilogue today. Whatever it was, I'm hoping I can find that again.

I'm so excited to get on the stage and walk the set and really see the world of the play. Our lovely stage managers have done an awesome job in the rehearsal hall of making tape lines where set pieces and platforms will be, but I'm excited just to perform in the space at Arsenal. And you can draw so much from your surroundings in making the world more real.

Now I'm off to make sure I have all of my staging/music/blocking down. And do a good amount of homework for school tomorrow :) Until next time...

No comments: