Monday, March 24, 2008

Nearing the End

We only have one performance this week--which was today with the International School of Boston. We performed for lots of French students in a church building.

The kids were very sweet and appreciated the show very much. They did get a little antsy during the emotional parts but what really counts is the feedback afterwards. They really enjoyed the show.

We are nearing the end of our tour. Our next show is next Monday and we need to get up extra early again.

It is hard to keep things fresh. You'd think that performing in a different place all the time would make things fresher--but maybe not. A lot of your time prior to performing is spent finding the bathroom, freshening up makeup and hair, setting up the stage and having a fight call. That doesn't leave much time to truly focus before the show. Sometimes the only way to deal with work that is condensed like this is to be able to laugh about it a little.

A lot of kids ask me what its like to kiss the men in the show.....they ask it as if kissing is something gutsy and unknown.....uncomfortable...maybe even a little scary...

When I was 5 or 6..i remember wondering how I would ever get married and have to actually kiss the groom! I wondered if i could get out of the kiss...or maybe not even marry at all because of it. And when I was a freshman in high school, I still never got to kiss anyone until later that year. It was always a magically unknown thing for me. So I understand those questions that the kids ask. It's funny how today I'm not fazed by a kiss. I told the kids...when you're older....it doesn't bother you as much. I sometimes feel immature and young about things, but when I answer some of these questions, I feel older...in a good way.

No comments: