Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Something Eventful Did Happen

Today was our performance at Central Catholic for the seniors. Somehow, I wasn't having the best day. We had a great show--except I was a little vocally tired. I felt connected for the most part with the acting, etc. But the kids were intimidating to me and I sort of got peer pressured into singing a bit of a song for what seemed like 200 seniors.

I know I sing. and should be comfortable with singing on the spot. But i'm not. I'm a perfectionist and I always like to be prepared for singing a song. I haven't had a lesson in a couple months and after an hour of projecting, my voice was tired.

The seniors were very receptive and supportive. But they wouldn't take no for an answer. I was embarrassed because I was shy and nervous in front of them. And being forced to sing was topping on my shy cake. If the kids were younger I wouldn't have been nervous about even leading the talk back, but I felt like these kids were my age. It seems like only yesterday I was a senior in high school. And I wanted them to think I was cool.

I took a nap today and woke up at three in the afternoon , thought it was the next day and thought I missed the 930 call and show of the next day. I was so out of it, with these 4am wakings and strange naps. I screamed to chelle, OMG OMG! I missed my show!!!!!! But eventually chel figured out that I had a show this morning and everything was fine.

This was not the most positive blog but I have to tell the truth...there were three actors on the stage, but I felt like I was by myself up there.

No comments: