Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Wild Party 11

So today at play practice-there were a lot of costume fittings. I can only imagine the enormity of Frances McSherry's task. To costume everyone in the play, shoes, undergarments, wigs etc, on what I assume is a modest budget. Building things such as my wonderful tuxedo suit(see the picture on the blog). I'm actually grateful to be wearing my own hair. (yes that's my own hair-I got a review once that said something about my fantastic fright wig and it was in fact, my own hair-nice). She's doing a great job. More choreography. Never thought I'd be putting TAJ in a bathtub-or that I'd be dancing around a toilet on wheels. Gotta love musical theatre. More choreo today, going over some Act 2 music-still no talky no singy. Seeing the ENT tomorrow, I have my fingers crossed that things look better. The cast has been very understanding of my predicament (and the artistic staff of course). It's kinda funny, just like when I had my jaw wired shut (no Peri it wasnt' because I was enormous and my parents wanted to stop me from overeating!-I have/had terrible TMJ and an underslung jaw, like a bulldog-attractive and so I had it fixed), people get close to me, as if they'll be able to hear me if they're close. I'm not making any sound, so that's probably not going to help. Or they talk loudly as if, because I can't talk, I must also not be able to hear. Or slowly, like I'm mentally not all there or foreign. It's funny, in a sick sort of way.
It's fun to come in to rehearsal and see everyone working out! What a buff cast! push ups and crunches. A cast favorite is "the plank". Great for the abs. We should have a best abs, best buns contest. I think I know who would win that. I gather Marla is a spin class enthusiast. Betsy has quite a lump on her head, but I think she's ok. When you see her just call her "fancy".
I wish I had a camera to record Rick climbing on top of Paul "boxstep" Giragos, but it's burned into my memory. Paul did get his wish today, Kelly added a boxstep in "Let Me Drown" and Paul got to show us his magic. That's all I guess. More fun tomorrow.
xx, Li

No comments: