Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Wild Party Day 10

It was rather odd being at a rehearsal for a musical and not being able to speak, let alone sing. I have to say, it is probably one of the most depressing situations to be in. I'm not generally an overly optimistic person, but I have to believe that it will come back, it has to. Perhaps this is some karmic attack for saying something not so nice about someone. We look for meaning in the things that happen to us don't we? And the odd thing is, that I lost it the day after I sang for Easter Sunday services. What does that mean? But I must say Todd G. makes a pretty convincing lesbian! Everyone is snuffling and coughing-it ain't pretty. But, again, better this week than next or God forbid, the week after that. We ran Act One. And it did just that, it ran. No one died, but someone did get hit in the head. Poor Betsy ended up with a pretty big lump on her little noggin during a dance number. I'm not saying who, and I'm not even sure which number it was. During the run, I found myself confused about what comes next, and how and why I end up in certain spots. Again, Todd G. sang my number for me and I seemed to remember all the movement in it, with one exception. After that, it was lunch, then notes. Notes, are when the director tells us what went right and what went wrong, with the run through. And what to change. The actors ask questions etc. Then we ran music/learned for Act Two (also odd, not being able to speak-lessons everywhere) and started to stage it. We got to leave early (YAY!) cuz alot of the first part of Act Two is just the principals. I'm not called until 11 tomorrow YAY!. Maybe if I pray to St. Anthony my voice will come back. He's the patron St. of lost things right?
xx, Li

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leigh, as much as I enjoyed hearing Todd sing the lesbian love story, I cannot wait to hear your beautiful voice once again! Get better really soon!!! I'll send a few prayers your way too!

Anonymous said...

again, same for anonymous... I miss your voice as well! plus I was all alone for our monkey noises... and with no tongue that's hard to do alone!!!! hehehe