Saturday, March 31, 2007

Wild Party Day 2

OMG! First let me say, Kelly, our choreographer, is a genius and I so wish that I could do her choreo justice. Let's just say that right now, I don't really remember any of it. I'm not alone though, I shant name names (the check is in the mail I'm sure) :).
If we, (read, I!) can get it, it will look spectacular. I'm not sore now, but I'm sure getting out of bed tomorrow will be painful in many ways. I'm not a dancer. "Then why did you audition for a dance show Li?" Good question, believe me I'm asking myself that-well, truthfully, I didn't really think that the part I'm playing was a dance role. But pretty much everyone is in every number so no Patti for me this time. But honestly, it is fun. And the cast is great and they make it easy. Everyone helps each other. And Kelly has a fantastic assistant, Sam. She's amazing, only a senior in high school. Such poise and grace and brains! Fresh, young brains, that can remember which foot to put where and what arm goes where. If only I could bring her home in my pocket to teach me the dance steps! I'm grateful that there are so many people in front of me!
It was alternatelly cold and hot at the rehearsal space. Poor Marla (our Queenie) was frozen, had on her coat and mittens most of the day. Tomorrow, Sunday, we'll review (thank god-never enuf of that) and learn something new. This will keep my brain young though. Atleast that's what they say, learning new things, keeps your brain from becoming oatmeal. No treadmill tonight though! Tomorrow, a more positive attitude....I will get this before it gets me! Thanks to the cast and Kelly and Sam for all the great help today... both in dance steps and encouragement! Sleep, advil, sleep, advil, sleep, ice, sleep..............xx, Li

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Li...of course is modest. She has some great moves, especially "birds of prey." Not to mention, she looks great in a baseball cap.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to take the plunge and post the first comment of the entire blog. I was tempted to peek in the rehearsal hall today to watch the choreography while I was heating up my lunch-but didn't want to make anybody self-conscious. I guess I may have. But you are way too self-deprecating! You're always beautiful and graceful onstage. Now, we just need your picture up there with Rick and Diego!

Anonymous said...

It is going to look AMAZING. And you were doing such a great job. (but who am I? I have only been taking jazz since September, and started AFTER the audition for Wild Party.) We can even ask me the same question "Perri, Why did you come out for this show?" To answer that..because everyone else at my school was, so I did too. And I like "Life of the Party". SO here I am, sore back and all, telling myself the secret I AM A DANCER... well see what happens!

PS. CAST.- I feel like I have known you forever.