Friday, March 07, 2008

The Waldorf/Matignon Schools

The past few days have been crazy and different. I have to say that I had the most beautiful experience at the Waldorf School (I think I am remembering the name correctly).. The students were so respectful and receptive. They laughed at the comic parts; they were silent during the emotional parts. The setting was a sunny room with a stage and windows. I felt such a connection with the students somehow. It was my best performance yet.

After, students came up and told me how much they loved the show. One girl was beaming and told me she played Roxanne in school. The age group of these kids was 15-18ish....What a perfect day.

The next day was with Matignon Catholic High School. This was not my favorite performance. The kids weren't as receptive. They didn't seem to laugh much. However, the teachers were SO nice and bought us muffins and donuts...i even had myself a little piece of those goodies.

Doug came to this show. It was great to see him. I felt like Doug was watching us as a parent letting his children fly away a little. He guided us so well during rehearsal and I was so glad to see him there, especially since the rest of the audience was a tough crowd.

There is nothing better than feeling like the audience is with you during the performance. I felt like The Waldorf kids (and the other guest school which escapes me) were like friends in my pocket. I caught glimpses of their gleaming eyes, shining up at us, enjoying and appreciating us. I hope we have more performances like that one.

Our next show is ultra early! we have a 545 call which means...i'll be getting up at nearly 4 in the morning, maybe earlier. I pray that the kids at Central Catholic will be wonderfully worth the early start!

This has been quite an adventure so far.

1 comment:

Barbie said...

Becca! It's so great to read about how you are doing! Know that we think about you often and, keep us with you in your pocket when you are up there shining. Miss you. Your folks are coming over to the house tomorrow to see my sister (Leslie)and Keith (her husband) and Blake (their son, 18, 6'2", blonde, handsome and brainy). He is going into the Airforce this summer. Prayers. Keith and Blake have never been in CT. So its a treat. Keith and Leslie celebrate their 29th wedding anniversary today, the 10th. I'm a bit proud of them ...uh...can ya tell? Wish you could be here too! Barbie