Saturday, February 23, 2008

Cyrano - Rehearsal 5

I must add a very important addition to my first blog. I need to clarify the statement I made about Cyrano's speech not bringing me to tears. My dry eyes were not a result of Bob's performance--on the contrary I am often distracted by his brilliance. It was just the 2nd rehearsal and I was thinking too much about the moment;)

Doug actually told me today that I can "take the burden off" about the emotional stuff I have to go through on stage--specifically on the line "I'M CRYING".....I was thrilled to learn that crying can be metaphorical and/or mean many things. I got time to discuss any places I felt awkward...I really feel like tomorrow will be an exciting run through.

It was a fabulous rehearsal day---I could hardly contain myself while I got to try on my outfits for the show. We decided Roxane needs to wear a dress, not a skirt. My fittings took about an hour (so it seemed)...the two men were in and out in what seemed like minutes. I have to admit that I feel like royalty when trying on costumes with a costume designer.

We ran through transitions. And Doug gave us the gift of getting out a half hour early.

This was a gitty report of the day--The excitement of rehearsing hasn't worn off yet.

No comments: