Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Cyrano - 2 Men and a Little Lady

There were some great scenes today. We did a run through. Notes. and worked through the rough patches.

It's hard sometimes when it's only three of us--you can't hide!

The day before, we did an exercise where we had to tell each other what was beautiful about the other person inside and out. I think I could have used that exercise again today.

Being the only young woman in the cast isn't always easy. I play around with the guys--we wrestle, we duel, we laugh...we have a great time! But in the spirit of my womanhood, I was sensitive today and felt younger than my years. The guys are cool about everything, but the lady in me (and the Becca in me) was....feisty and untamed on the inside. I needed another woman next to me just so I could say things like...."ya know what I mean?"....or "I need some chocolate"

Eh--tomorrow is a new day. I feel like we are all a family. Perhaps I'll bring some sort of snack tomorrow.

Bob- I almost wish that I could do that "Beautiful" exercise today, because I would add that your awareness and understanding is truly beautiful. You have a way of knowing what's going on with the other person just by looking at them. And that is a gift.

No comments: