Monday, July 09, 2007

"Side by Side" - Pre-Press Night

So........in preparation for press night this evening, I decided it would be a nice little stress relief to bike from my apartment in the North End of Boston to the theatre here in lovely Watertown. I left myself a good 2 hours to get there, expecting I would get lost and get a flat tire, etc. (don't i sound like an optimist). Plus, I figured that I should probably shower before I suitted up for the performance this evening. LITTLE DID I KNOW that it would take me 15 minutes to make the trip, with absolutely no hitch (except for a serious car accident on the corner of Brighton Ave. and N Beacon Street). So, here I am in the administrative offices of the Arsenal Center for the Arts posting on this lovely blog for all you bloggers.

So, yes, I touched on it briefly before, but this is press evening. what that means is...absolutely nothing. honestly, I could care less. reviewers...do your thing. i won't read them, though I am sure that you are all fantastic literary scholars. its just not my thing. however, i am a reviewer sometimes, on air. i kind of hate myself when i do it. i find myself saying mea culpa. i will say, what i am excited about for this evening, is that according to the lovely box office personnel who are sitting to my left, we have a FULL house tonight. regardless, I am looking forward to the smiling, laughing, and crying faces that will be in front of us this evening. I heard a very funny Mitch Hedberg joke today that said something along the lines of "performing in front of an audience is as if you were being chased by a mob and then they all got tired and sat down." i think thats funny. do you? post a damn comment and tell me. i am quite offended that there have been no comments as of late.

during yesterday's show, somebody came up and left me a note saying "We Love Standing Room Only...You do a great job! Thanks for a wonderful show" and left their seat number. thanks again to the lovely box office staff at New Rep, I found out who they are. Aren't computers creepy?

during yesterdays show, Maryann jumped 50 bars of "I'm Still Here." Frankly, I didn't notice. Where was I? I have no idea. She's still the shit, though. the audience yesterday was so old that they didn't notice either, I'm sure. Actually, Maryann is ridiculously sexy. Her entendre song is pretty thrilling. i reccomend it to all. and after yesterdays slip up, she's still here.

tonight there will be a party. there will be wine and food. this shall be a good night. peace out all you bloggers. see you at the theatre.

Jonathan

P.S. leave me comments about how you love/hate me, or whatever. i like comments.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So then working in the box office is like being chased by a mob that?

it is a funny joke though, and we do love you.

Lisa Williams said...

I think it's great that you biked from town. I used to bike from Watertown to Boston all the time when my job was downtown. It's amazing how compact the city really is.

MAC said...

Hey Johathan. I'm a big fan of SRO, but uhnfortunately don't get to listen too often as we leave in SC. Actually we really only listen when you interview someone really special like the extreemly talented Brendan McNab -- OK, OK, I'm his dad, so maybe I'm a bit biased.

We are really enjoying the blog (Bren never tell's us whats going on!) We'll be in Boston on Wednesday and will see the show on Thursday. Looking forward to meeting you!!