Saturday, April 28, 2007

Wild Party Preview #3 and Opening

Ok catching up. With all the excitement and put in rehearsals, I just haven't had the time to blog. Let's see. After the shortened show on Wed, we were all called in to the theatre on Thursday afternoon for the real put in. Aimee did specatacularly. And went on that night. She did unbelieveably well-kind of in a "Camp" kinda way (lol)-kidding of course!!! It was as if Aimee had been doing the show all along. Along with the hubbub surrounding poor Marla and Aimee, there has also been other "illness" etc in the cast-David Costa's eye infection-a very sexy pirate I might add, my own eye infection-in fact I was sitting in the dr.'s office when Marla called for advice about her voice, various muscle pulls, asthma-it ain't easy to do what we do and to make it look easy, but that's our job. The cast and crew have been spectacular as well. Only asking what can we do and always remembering to say thanks. To me, that's the most important thing-to feel like what you're doing is appreciated. So crew, you are appreciated!!! No one knows how much goes into the prep of such a large show and it's amazing how you do it with so few people! Led by Carola-the stage manager, Jen-ASM, Nathan, Scott, Connor, and Stephanie.
On Friday, after Marla tried to sing thru some numbers, it was decided that another day of rest would be best. So Aimee opened us up and it was great. The energy from the cast as well as the audience was great. I think mostly, we were so happy to finally be open. My number went well, I'm always afraid of forgetting the words. I go over them about a zillion times every day, and spend a good few minutes during Poor Child, trying to remember them while looking like I'm paying attention to what's goin on stage. But the work paid off and I got a really great and unexpected response. That felt really really good I must admit. Because, honestly, we bust our asses people. And we dont' always get to see what the pay off is.
Todd Alan Johnson, celebrated a rather large birthday! We were happy to help him celebrate. You don't look (or act) a day over 30-something. More fun tomorrow-Show's Frozen!! xx Li

No comments: