Sunday, April 29, 2007

wild party first matinee and sat show

let's see. After the wonderful opening night, some of us woke up, sort of, and sang on the radio. A local station here, WERS-88.9, Standing Room Only, plays showtunes every Saturday from 10-2-Shoutin out to Jonathan Colby the fabulous host and his wonderful producer Jordan, so cute. usually i use my score when I do those things, but i had left it at the theater and thought i'd be ok. But I wasn't. When I learn things quickly, I get used to things being a certain way, and using muscle memory to remember what comes next. but i was only half doing my choreography and some of the starts to each verse are similar, so I went up. (that's what we call it when we F up the lyrics!!! or the lines),Embarrassing, but that's the thrill of doing something live I guess. I don't know what would be worse, singing out of tune or going up. I think, singing out of tune! So I'm glad I sounded good atleast. Aimee, Todd, Maurice and Sarah also sang and sounded so good.
Then it was off to do our first matinee. Kinda low energy. Rainy day, tired, I guess. It's hard to come in off a great opening and pull your energy up off the floor. But Marla was back on and that was fun. She sounded very good, and her parents and family were here too. I'm glad she could sing again. But Aimee went on again tonight to give marla some more time.
I have to say, I''m really liking our new menage up stage right with Kelly (or Aimee!) and Betsy (aka, Fancy) I'm pretty sure that Paul G. likes it too. I think we all have to say thanks to Rick : )!
I'm tired. mama needs to go to bed. My baby turns 8 tomorrow! How did that happen? Got bfst w/the fam in the am then off to the matinee then a family bday party for him when I get home. Other than that, nothing to do.
xx, Li

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So interesting to be backstage with you! Many, many thanks.
Lillian