Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Wild Party Preview 1

Ok, it was pay what you want night (i kept saying, pay what you weigh-ha), we had a really huge crowd, surprisingly big. The energy of the cast, I think, was electric, but freaked. We just weren't sure what was going to happen-with the band, with the costumes-quick changes-we just haven't had the time to sit with some of the elements. But we did, and quite spectacularly I might add. It never ceases to amaze me how actors can rise above anything and make the magic happen in spite of what might be falling down around them. How we can lift and support one another (and that doesn't always happen), it's good to know that someone has your back. It wasn't perfect but it was thrilling. Somehow, I lost a bra strap, no idea how that happened. Ilyse lost her mic pack and had to shove it into her dance pants. My favorite part tonight was getting thru my number without messing up the lyrics (a great fear of mine), and lying on the pouf with David Costa, though my arm started to fall asleep, got to find a new position.
Ok off to bed! got to do this again tomorrow! that's what i both love and hate about live theater. It's so thrilling to get it right but then you have to get it right again!
xx, Li

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a party, what a night! Li brought down the house with her song. My apologies to Kelly for doing an entire number one handed while I tried to get that mic pack into my dance pants. We'll be strapping that pack on tonight....

Anonymous said...

People sitting behind my friend last night were upset there was not more of Leigh Barrett....I am willing to give her my solo dance number at the end of the show, so I can go sit on the pouf! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi-
I just wanted to say I saw the show last night and it was fantastic! Your number was definitely one of the highlights of the night (as evidenced by the response of the audience). And the dancing was absolutely insane. It's a beautiful production and I hope to see it again! Hope opening night went well.
-Ashley Nelson

Anonymous said...

Note from the stage: One of our finest actors (both in quality and looks) nearly sat on poor DeLuca's face during a make=out session at the end of act one. literally, nearly sat on her face. that is the stuff.