Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Wild Party Day 4

In my next life (and i wil be back cuz i know I haven't gotten it right yet), I'm coming back as a tenor/baritone who dances.
Today I wasn't called until 2:30. That was a great gift. My kids were off today too so I could spend time with them and sleep a little bit this morning. That was nice. But I know that others were at rehearsal working their butts off. I think they were doing the first few numbers which I'm not in. Tomorrow, I'm not in until 3, so I'll be doing a photo shoot for my fall show, Gypsy! at Stoneham Theater (so thrilled about that!!). Once we get to rehearsal, we'll be doing more juggernot and finishing, I think raise the roof. Today, I think although i came in later, I must have been tired, cuz everything was making me laugh. So we were working on Raise the Roof and it turns out that one of the people that i have a pas de deux with is Paul Giragos. Kelly left us to our own devices (big mistake). We came up with a move or two, I grabbed Paul from behind (whoo) and then we borrowed a move that I do with Aimee, a pelvic grind. And Paul started a move that was, well not the right style shall we say? And I grabbed him and said "Paul, it's not a 50's sock hop!" and proceeded to shove my 'business" towards his "business" and his face was hilarious-"woo, Li, um, ok, ah...." I couldn't stop laughing. Carola and Jen were in hysterics. It doesn't sound as funny in writing, but it was. And then Kelly suggested that Paul give me a lap dance-wow! who saw that coming? and that just sent me laughing again. We did get something done though. More girls flying into the arms of their awaiting partners. That's about it. That's about all I can remember. I should take notes during rehearsal....I'm still trying to remember the choreo. I seem to remember it when I'm doing it, so that's good. Ran on the treadmill (thanks Aimee!) and off to bed. Happy Passover everyone.
xx, Li

No comments: