Sunday, April 15, 2007

Wild Party 14

and wild weather! Not called until 2 today. They're starting with Come With Me, and I'm not one of the couples rolling around on the floor, so i got to sleep in. Trying to memorize lyrics-weird doing that when you're not actually singing them. I'm looking forward to singing on Tuesday. And a little bit scared of it. This is the longest I've ever gone without talking or singing. Well, recently except for jaw surgery. It's hard not to just sing with the radio or sing a lullaby to the boys or just chime in on a conversation. I've started to speak and warm up for about 5-10 minutes a day. I couldn't expect to just waltz into rehearsal on Tuesday and sing full out without having done anything for a week! That would be like running the marathon on a whim.

Yesterday was choreo review and we learned some new stuff. There's soo much in this show....I have done Chorus Line, I will confess-I was Morales-hilarious-I couldn't be less of a Morales-that was YEARS ago in summer stock-so I can dance and I can do choreography-I just don't remember the really dancy stuff and of course I haven't done this much dacne in a very long time.
Once we've learned it and we're just running it, it won't be so hard (I say that now). The hard thing now, is doing things over and over. It's gonna be good and it's certainly gonna be wild.
Okay, that's it. Boring, sorry. Got to get to work
xx, Li

No comments: