Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Holiday Memory - New Rep Family Member

It is time for another New Rep family member's holiday memory!  Join the fun - submit your favorite holiday memory/tradition to holidaytraditions@newrep.org and you'll be entered to win a New Rep Gift Package!  For more information about the prize package and contest rules please click here!
 
Ok, I asked my Daughter if it was okay to tell...she said ok. My daughter decided that she wanted to host Thanksgiving dinner to impress a new Boyfriend. I advised her that it was a rather pressure filled choice but she was determined. I arrived early to help and she really did have it all under control....I helped her a little here and there but she was doing fine. The table looked great and all was going well.........While we were in the kitchen one of our cousins dropped in with a rather large dog....an Irish Setter I think. Well I called everyone to the table just as my daughter was bringing the bird to the table.....well the dog came running up to her and knocked her over...she went one way and the bird went the other way....and before we knew it the dog had grabbed the turkey and ran out of the room! Well my daughter was in tears.....and everyone was chasing the dog....not that we could eat the turkey! My Cousin felt so bad that he went to the nearest Chinese Food restaurant and ordered up a storm.......and dropped it off before he took the dog home.......it was a strange dinner...yams and moo gu gai pan...lol....I don't think my daughter has ever cooked another Thanksgiving dinner. We go out to eat ! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!
- Claire

No comments: