Thursday, December 27, 2007

Adventures in Moliere

Greetings! My name is Amy and I'm thrilled to be back at New Rep playing Celimene in The Misanthrope. I've been asked to share my experiences with you via this blog and give you a look into the life of an actor. So here goes my very first post...

It's been a whirlwind few weeks! I finished another show on December 23rd in Connecticut, spent Christmas Eve and Day at home in NYC, and left for Boston at 6 am on December 26th to make it to our first rehearsal at 1 pm the same day! I met my castmates and the crew, saw a model of the set design, the costumes, and we had our first table read. I'm so excited about Audra's magnificent set - I can't wait until it's built so we can play on it! And I'm grateful to Raphael for his exquisite costumes since I find they help me with character development. The table read was great fun. It's amazing to hear the script already begin to come to life!

I'm excited to be a part of this production, and I look forward to the process, but for now, all I want to do is get some sleep.

Until soon!
Amy

PS - My Dad thinks I'm in Buffalo. It's a long story...

No comments: